City Asks For Grant Money To Create Trolley Park

If the county agrees, the city of Gulfport will have a park honoring its historic trolley. The proposed park, at the Tangerine Greenway at 49th Street, will include a replica of the city’s original trolley that various groups could use. The park will also include paved space and electricity for special events.

The city estimates the cost of the park at between $200,000 and $300,000; of that, the city would have to pay 25% with the remaining 75% coming from the county-controlled Community Development Block Grant (CDBG).

This project is part of the 49th Street Redevelopment Plan.