Gulfport Boards and Committees

Q: How can I get appointed to a city board or committee? Where can I find a list of requirements?

A: The city has several different boards and committee: Planning and Zoning, Adjustment, historic preservation committee, charter review committee, general employee pension board, police pension board, firefighter pension boards and teen council.
 “So to speak, I don’t think there’s any requirements. You just submit the application and (the charter) really doesn’t have any requirements,” Deputy city clerk Kathy Tatay told us.
 The city uses one application for all its boards and committees, Tatay said. On it applicants will detail their qualifications, if any, and may be asked to provide a financial disclosure. To apply for a committee or board, simply fill out the application (accessible by clicking here) and return it to the clerk.

Have a question about how your city works or why it does what it does? Send us your questions and we’ll find out the answers:

Read more from: City Whys