Open Gym/Gameroom – Mon.-Fri., 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m. and Tues & Thurs., 7:30-9 p.m. Annual reg. $2 res/$22 non-res.
2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR CHILD CARE PROGRAM- Ongoing registrations for the 2013-2014 School Year Child Care Program continue for children who are entering Kindergarten thru age 14. Non-refundable annual registration fee is $17 for residents and $22 for non-residents. Program hours are until 5:30 p.m. with extended hours available until 6 p.m. for an extra charge. Hours of registration are Monday–Friday from 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
2013-2014 TOT TIME PROGRAM – Ongoing registrations for the 2013-2014 Tot Time Program continue for children ages 3-5 years old. The Tot Time Program is a pre-school, hands-on program for children ages 3-5. The program aims to make learning fun for children and helps prepare them for Kindergarten. Two, three and five-day monthly options are available. Program hours are from 8:30a.m.-12:30p.m. Hours for registration are from 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday. A non-refundable annual registration fee of $17 for residents and $22 for non-residents. Proof of residency is required for Gulfport residents.
2013-2014 VPK (Voluntary Prekindergarten) PROGRAM– Ongoing registrations for the 2013-2014 VPK Program continue for children who live in Florida and who turn 4 years of age by September 1st. The program aims to make learning fun for children and helps prepare them for Kindergarten. Program hours are from 8:30a.m.-12:30p.m. Parents must apply at the Early Learning Coalition of Pinellas County, Inc. and the child must receive a Certificate of Eligibility. VPK is FREE. Contact the Early Learning Coalition of Pinellas County, Inc. at 400-4411 for questions or call the Recreation Center at 893-1068 for more details.
2013-2014 TEEN NIGHT PROGRAM - Ongoing registrations for the 2013-2014 Teen Night Program continue for teens in middle school to age 17. The program is a great place to hang out and meet new friends. It provides recreation and social activities. It also offers monthly field trips, cooking projects, guest speakers and service projects. The teens utilize the gymnasium, gameroom and outdoor area. Program hours are Mon., Wed. & Fri. 6-9 p.m. Annual reg. $2 res/$22 non-res.
NEW CLASSES - Interested in teaching a class? Call John at 893-1079 for info
• BeVolley Academy Clinics –Call 495-6696 for more information or visit the website www.bevolleyacademy.com
• Chair Yoga - Fri., 10-11am. Call Joyce at 727-345-0679
• Beginners Conversational Spanish – RETURNS January 13th. Call Ivone 727-482-2125 for more info.
• Fencing - Wed., 4:30 p.m. Call Ian Forestier at 823-0922.
• German – RETURNS January 16th. Call Birgit at 755-3459.
• Gymnastics – Thur., 5:30-6:15p.m. Call Barbara at 804-9400.
• Hatha Flow Yoga AM – Mon.., 9-10 a.m. Call Valerie at 557-4258.
• Hatha Flow Yoga PM - Wed., 5:00-6:15 p.m. Call Tamara at 512-2763.
• Karate - Mon. & Thurs., 6:30 p.m. Call Diane at 459-1399.
• Tai Chi – Tues. & Thurs., 9-10:15 a.m. Call Marge at 345-6708.
• Tennis - Tues., 5 p.m. for 10 & under, & 6 p.m. for adults & Fri. 5pm for Juniors.Call Jack at 280-4276
• Urban Survivor Bootcamp Fitness – Tues., 6:15-7:15 p.m. & Thur. 6:30-7:30 p.m. Please call Donnie Ali-McClendon @ 727-550-7185.
• Yoga in the A. M. – Wed., 9-10 a.m. Call Valerie at 557-4258.
• Yoga in the P.M. – Wed., 6:30-7:30 p.m. Call Tamara at 512-2763.
• Zumba - Tues., 6:30-7:30 p.m. Call Rachel at 419-905-5562 for more info.
TOMLINSON SKATE PARK
As of October 1st, ALL skaters/bicyclists MUST purchase a new City of Gulfport Skate Park sticker to use the City of Gulfport’s Tomlinson Skate Park. Stickers MUST be visibly placed on the helmet. Annual fee for stickers is $5 for residents and $10 for non-residents. Also, all skaters/bicyclists 17 years of age or younger MUST have a signed parental consent form filed at the Gulfport Recreation Center which is located at 5730 Shore Blvd. S. Availability to register: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m.–8 p.m. Stickers valid from October 1, 2013 – September 30, 2014. Bicycles permitted on SUNDAYS only.