Q: How does one qualify to run for office in St. Pete Beach?
A: According to the city clerk’s office, qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
• Pay a $10 non-refundable fee for a Candidate Guidebook.
•Appoint a campaign treasurer and designate a bank for campaign funds
• Pay a $40 filing fee and an election assessment fee (1% of commission salary)
Complete the following:
• Candidate application
• 15 completed petition cards to the clerk
• Loyalty Oath and Oath of Office
• Financial disclosure
• Certification of Receipt of Notice of Pre-Election Tests of Voting Equipment
• Certification of Receipt of Notice of Penalty for Late Filing of Treasurer’s Reports
• Statement of Candidate
All these things should be submitted to the Clerk by noon on December 21.
Interested in running? Pick up a candidate packet at the clerk’s office at city hall. Qualifying begins at noon on December 10 and ends at noon on December 21.