A long-vacant property on 49th Street will soon be filled with life – and the spirit. The former Czechoslovakian Hall, at 1601 49th Street South (next to the Gulfport Neighborhood Center) passed the almost–final hurdle in opening its doors to the community as a church.
To operate as a church, the city had to change the permitted use for the property to allow such a use. Prior to the change the building did not have institutional” zoning. The planning and zoning board voted to allow the change, as did council.
The next step is approval by the Pinellas Planning Council, which should happen in July.